- Bangor Christian Schools was established in 1970 and serves families from the Greater Bangor Area in a 35 mile radius around campus.
- We are an approved school by the State of Maine and we are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Bangor Christian is a college preparatory school with over 90% of our students going on to post-secondary education following graduation.
- 306 Students Total - 95 High School 73 Middle School; 138 Elementary School
- Small Class Size - 25 Middle & High School; 20 Elementary School
- Low Student to Teacher Ratio - 14:1 average
- International Program Size - We accept up to 10% of our high school population into the program to ensure optimum proficiency in English.
- Entrance Grades - Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher to be accepted
- Average SAT Scores - 520 Critical Reading, 520 Critical Writing, 600 Math
- Average ACT Score - 25 Composite for students pursuing university / college
- TOEFL Score - Students must have 80 or higher to graduate
- Advance Placement Classes - Calculus, Statistics, Language and Composition
- Honors Classes - Pre-calculus, Algebra II, British Literature, Spanish I and II
- English Tutoring for International Program - Our teacher is very experienced in working with students from other cultures. She has also lived and taught in Japan for five years.
- College and University Courses - Our students can take courses at local universities and colleges during their junior and senior years.
- University Acceptance - Most of our international students are accepted at their first choice of college or university upon graduation from our school.
- Grades Accepting International students - GPA of 3.0 or higher
Biblical Worldview Development
- Every school day is opened with prayer and chapel services are held twice each week.
- Teachers and staff are all born again Christians.
- Teachers challenge your child to seek God, study the Bible, and pray.
- Every student is enrolled in Bible classes.
- Teachers, staff, and students freely pray, quote Scripture, and share their faith through out the day as God leads.
Faculty and Staff
- Our faculty and staff are dedicated, committed and caring in their work with students.
- Our experienced teachers have undergraduate degrees in elementary and secondary education, music and art, physical education, mathematics and science. Several teachers have also earned graduate degrees.
- Find out more by reading their professional profiles (Faculty and Staff).
- 38 acre campus with separate buildings for Elementary, Middle and High Schools
- State-of-the-art Teen Center and Children’s Center for Music & Drama Productions
- Athletic Fields - Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Cross Country Course
- On-site Gymnasium and Youth Playground
Athletics and Fine Arts Programs
- Interscholastic Athletic Program - Soccer, Cross Country, Basketball, Cheering, Swimming, Wrestling, Track & Field, Baseball, and Softball
- Fine Arts Program - Band, Chorus, Ensemble, Private Music Lessons, Annual Drama Production
BCS graduates have been accepted to these (and many other) universities and colleges:
- Christian Universities and Colleges: Liberty University, Pensacola Christian, Cedarville University, Bob Jones University, Wheaton College, Gordon College, Tennessee Temple, Baptist Bible College, Lancaster Bible College
- Military Institutions: West Point, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy, Coast Guard Academy
- Local Universities and Colleges: University of Maine, Husson University, Maine Community College System, Maine Maritime Academy, University of Southern Maine, College of the Atlantic
- National Universities and Colleges: Boston College, University of California, Penn State, University of Tennessee